Why run? Running is a practical, efficient and effective form of cardiovascular training.
It is practical because it can be done just about anywhere with a minimum investment in equipment. It is efficient because even a 30 minute run three times a week will lead to excellent overall fitness. It is effective for many reasons: it isn't a skill based sport meaning that it's relatively easy to learn, it is generally moderate in intensity, and it has many benefits such as improved cardiovascular health and fitness, weight loss, increased strength and bone density.
Running with a group is fun and motivating, and that is why we offer so many running clinics throughout the year. Each clinic meets once per week for a short, informative talk on a running related topic, followed by a group run led by an experienced Clinic Leader. Participants run at least twice more per week either on their own or with other members of the group - slowly and safely building distance and endurance over time. Every clinic except Begin to Run trains for a goal race at the end of the clinic. Each participant receives a Clinic Manual with a running schedule to follow, a technical t-shirt, a one-week unlimited Yoga Kettlebell Spinning class pass, and a 15% off store coupon.
Check our Running Clinic Schedule page for start times:
- Begin to Run - 8 weeks - A slow progression from walk/run to 25 minutes of running.
- 5 & 10 K - 8 weeks - Progress from running 20 - 25 minutes to goal race distance.
- 10 K Run Faster - 8 weeks - Weekly speed-work sessions build speed - for
- 10 Miler - 10 weeks - A challenging middle distance.
- Half & Full Marathon - 12 to 16 weeks - The classic long distance races.